What can I do id I believe the value of my property is too high?
Use 1 of 2 ways to challenge the value of your property:
You may appeal the "notice of value" by contacting the County Appraiser's office to schedule an informal meeting with an appraiser within 30 days from the date the notice of value is mailed for real property and by May 15th for personal property.
You may fill out a "payment under protest" form with the County Treasurer at the time you pay your taxes. If you paid all your taxes prior to December 20th then the protest can be made no later than December 20th or by January 31st if paid out of an escrow account or by a tax service.

You cannot appeal your notice then pay under protest for the same property in the same tax year. For more information please call 620-227-4570.

Show All Answers

1. What are the Burdens of Proof on Appeal?
2. How is property valued for tax purposes?
3. Why is property taxed in Kansas?
4. What does my county appraiser do?
5. How does the county's appraisal affect my taxes?
6. Will the value of my property change every year?
7. What is property appraised at?
8. How does my county appraiser determine market value?
9. Does the County Appraiser visit my property?
10. If I bought my house last year, shouldn't the value be the same as what I paid for it a year ago?
11. When will I be notified of the value of my property?
12. How can I determine if the appraisal of my home is accurate?
13. What can I do id I believe the value of my property is too high?
14. What should I expect at the informal meeting?
15. How do I calculate the property taxes on my property?
16. What is the mill levy and how is the mill levy set?
17. Who pays for taxes due on property I sold or purchased?