- Under the supervision of the Detention Corporal, the employee in this position is responsible for the confinement, supervision and well being of suspects and convicted criminals until they are released from Ford County custody. Please click here to download the employment application.
- Law Enforcement
- Position Open
- Entry Level Wage is $14.08/Hr
- March 9th, 2017 @ 8:00am
- Open until Filled
- Experience: Entry level position, no experience required. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills after six months in the position.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Skills: Knowledge of detention facility and federal, state, and local laws governing the confinement of inmates. Ability to operate emergency vehicles, radios, computers, teletype, and other office equipment.
- Problem Solving: Exists in this position
- Decision Making: Exists in this position
- Accountability: Employee is not responsible for budgetary control of the department and does not participate in the annual budget process.
- Supervision: Supervision is provided by the Detention Lieutenant and Detention Sergeant. Employee has supervisory responsibilities over inmates housed in the facility.
- Personal Relations: Continual contact with city departments, county departments, and the general public.
- Working Conditions: Adverse working conditions exist when dealing with the criminal element.