Frequently Asked Questions - TipSoft
- Q - What exactly is TipSoft?
- A - It is our new secure & anonymous Tip reporting software.
- Q -Is this like a new digital text message 911 reporting system?
- A - NO. This should never be used for reporting emergencies or very urgent matters. There are far too many things that could happen which could delay or even prevent delivery of the message.
- CALL 9-1-1 for EMERGENCIES!
- Q - Is this service truly anonymous?
- A -YES . Tips submitted through this website are encrypted, entirely confidential, completely anonymous and are immediately and securely transferred directly to the law enforcement agencies which use the TipSoft - Tip Management application.
- Q - What about reporting FALSE information to Law Enforcement?
- A - According to Kansas Statue 21-5824, making a false report (as defined by the linked statute) to law enforcement is a serious offense and may be punishable by law.
- Q - How do I submit a Tip via Text?
- A - Text "FOSO" and your Tip to 274637 (CRIMES). *Video Example Link*
- A- TipSoft allows for the you, the tipster, to have a two way communication with our office. Our office has the ability to reply to your tip in case more information or clarification is needed. You can also reply if you find more information in regards to the initial tip.
- Q - Why should someone report Tips to Law Enforcement?
- A - Submitting tip to Law Enforcement can give valuable information in solving crimes that occur in our county. Reporting tips through TipSoft provide the community a secure and confident way report the issues that they see first hand.