The Ford County Sheriff's Office has a long history of employing those who seek to serve the community with integrity, respect, and dedication.
If you are interested in being apart of our office and team; please see this page that includes all the available positions of employment. Please contact the Sheriff's Office for inquiries about the position(s) posted for more information.
To receive a permanent appointment as an employee with the Ford County Sheriff's Office, you must at the time of employment, meet the following criteria in order to qualify for employment:
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to apply for all positions, except for commissioned positions, such as Deputy Sheriffs or Investigator.
- You must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to apply for all commissioned positions and a US Citizen.
- You must. according to KCJIS policy, be a United States Citizen or Non- US citizen who must be LEGALLY able to perform work in or for the United States. (Non-Commissioned Positions)
- You must have no felony conviction(s), including any felony conviction(s) that have been expunged, or any high misdemeanor conviction(s).
- You must have no felony behavior involving use, production, transportation, or sale of illegal drugs or narcotics.
- If you have been in the military, your discharge must have been under honorable conditions.
- You must have a high school diploma or its equivalence.
- You must currently have, or be able to obtain a valid Kansas Drivers License.
- You must be able to qualify for vehicle insurance in the use of motor vehicles.
- You will be required to meet certain job related sight and hearing standards required to meet essential job functions.
- You must complete all portions of this application, incomplete applications will disqualify you from further consideration for the position you are applying for.
As a condition of employment for certain positions, you may be required to pass the following: ·
- Physical agility test
- Background Investigation
- Psychological Examination
- Lie Detection Examination
- Drug Screen
- Medical Examination